Who we are:
RYLA District 7500 is a youth organization funded by the Rotary Clubs throughout Monmouth, Ocean, and Burlington Counties of New Jersey. It is a high-energy, four-day leadership training for high school students held on Monmouth University’s campus. Throughout the year, we meet to better our programs and deliver the best servant leadership training possible to the youth of NJ.
Why are we hosting a 5K?
Training days outside of the four glorious days on Monmouth’s campus not only further teach students valuable leadership skills like public speaking, counseling skills, and problem solving in a fun environment, they allow staff to prepare for our continuously evolving program. To support these training sessions, we are hosting this RYLA 5K Fundraiser!
How do you run...virtually?
A virtual 5K doesn’t mean you get out of running. It’s simply allows everyone to run at a time and place that is convenient to them.
Feel free to run with a group of friends or by yourself. Challenge yourself to a new time or just enjoy being outside for a few miles. We want to share this run with you, whether you’re taking classes at Raritan, being taught algebra by Mr. Hurley in Moorestown, or already in college out of state.
How to Participate:
- Click on the Registration Here button above and fill out the form.
- This is a race - and a fundraiser - so we are asking you for a couple of dollars to cover the cost the prize for finishing the 5K. All other funds will go towards providing the best RYLA experiences we can for the next year - from training days to reunions and everything in between. You can pay on the registration form.
- The run starts on March 28th and ends on April 30th - giving you over a month to complete the task.
- If you have one, run in a RYLA shirt! Since we are hoping that your friends and family will join us as well, RY-gear is nice to have, but not a necessity.
- To get credit for your run, you must post a photo to our website from your phone (you can use Runkeeper, Fitbit, a route from Map My Run) or a picture of your good ol’ GPS watch showing that you completed your 3.1 miles. It’s that simple! Time doesn’t matter, so speed demons are free to run full tilt, while those of us who like to take a leisurely stroll our 5Ks are welcome to keep our own pace.
- Post your photo on Twitter or Instagram, and use the hashtag #ryla5k. Remember, this is how we will know you've completed your run, so include your photo and your first and last name with the post! Help out those individuals without social media accounts by posting their photos with their first and last name for them with the hastag #ryla5k, so they can get credit too!
- Check back in at our RYLA 5K website to complete your 5K experience! You can also see everyone’s pictures from the event there as well.
Note: This is not limited to RYLA folk! Friends, siblings, cousins, parents, teachers, uncles, aunts, grandparents, dogs, cats…. everyone is welcome to register for the RYLA 5K! Feel free to share our run with everyone.